Sunday, March 25, 2012

Final Week in Bishop, California



The view from the Buttermilks
Our current home



Ben sending Kill On Sight V12

Kill On Sight V12

Ben flashing Standing Kill Order V11


It is starting to get hot here - the lizards are out.
Our time is Bishop is almost done. We are thinking about staying about one more week to try and finish off a couple more projects. After that we are going to move our home base to Joe's Valley, Utah for the month of April.

We are currently hanging out in the coffee shop trying to avoid the 50mph wind gusts outside. There are lots of tents being flattened and blown across the valley at the climber's campground.

Krissy is currently battling an eye infection and a cold...not the best scenario for trying to climb hard boulder problems. Other than a broken tooth last week I am in pretty good shape. Despite feeling under the weather Krissy has managed to climb a few projects in the last couple days - she now has her sights set on climbing Seven Spanish Angels (V6). Seven Spanish Angels is probably among my top favorites of the grade that I have ever climbed - very unique! Google it. I have been pretty much shut down on one of my main goals for Bishop - The Mandala (V12). I'm not sure why it is giving me such problems compared to other stuff of similar difficulty. I made progress last time on it, so maybe tomorrow will finally be the day...I have had to take many rest days here - my finger tips are incredibly bruised up.

That is it for now. We are off to see if our tent is still standing....

No comments:

Post a Comment