Sunday, June 14, 2009

krissy HIKES everything!










Le 14 Juin, 2009.

We packed up this morning and are now off to Switzerland. Graubunden is the name of the town and it’s near the larger town of Cresciano. There we are hoping to find Magic Wood and cooler temperatures. Ben is also hoping to find his climbing mojo there as well. Je joke juste.
The last few days have been very good for me. I climbed Croix de Fer in Bas Cuvier (only 3 attempts). That is by far the hardest problem I’ve done. Font 7B. The next day I did a variation of Cortomaltese (7A) and finally, last night I did number 22 red/La Marie Rose!! Font’s first 6A, and the hardest 6A ever (in mine and Ben’s opinion). The guidebook describes it as “ requiring finesse and precision of placement”, so clearly it was meant for me. J
Ben worked a few really hard problems, but the heat/sun/rain/humidity, was on our side, but I got some cool photo’s of him working them.

Random Thoughts:
Ben came up with a really cool name for a cat…Barbizon Le Chat. Barbizon is a beautiful little town here. We were just driving around one day and out it popped. It’s good. It’s so good that it makes us want to get another cat just so we can name him Barbizon Le Chat. My cat Josee has a new boycatfriend (Daj) and so in the fall, when she moves back in with me, I’m thinking she might miss him…so maybe another cat would be good? Or maybe we should wait until we can afford one.

Nutella is good on Pain au Chocolat.

It is also good in Oatmeal.

Ben’s bouldering pad and a few pairs of shoes are worn out already.

No comments:

Post a Comment